Newcastle NOW is committed to observing the 10 National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
To assist in complying with these principles, Newcastle NOW is required to inform you of your rights in relation to the personal information that it holds about you and its use.
Newcastle NOW's prime objective is to help and inform the people of Newcastle about the activities, events and developments which are taking place within your community. Newcastle NOW may maintain personal information so that it can provide you with information related to the activities, events or projects of interest to you that relate to that overall objective.
Should you wish to know what details we hold about you or should you believe that your personal contact details are inaccurate, need updating, or if you would like to be removed from the database, please contact Newcastle NOW so that action can be taken.
Newcastle NOW database is kept electronically. Information stored on our computer network is protected against misuse and unauthorised access by the system design, security access policies and procedures.
Disclosure of Personal Information
From time to time Newcastle NOW uses its database in conjunction with 3rd parties to help promote joint activities, however it only does so where the objectives of that use are completely congruent with Newcastle NOW's aims and objectives. Such parties will not be given your information directly. Should you wish not to participate in such activities please let us know.
Collection of Personal Information
Newcastle NOW obtains personal information (your name, contact details and details of activities, events and projects in which you may have an interest) when:
- You attend or participate in any Newcastle NOW function, event or project;
- You express an interest in the activities of Newcastle NOW;
- Your organisation appears relevant to an Newcastle NOW activity, event or project and the information is readily available.
Newcastle Now will only collect information if:
- It is necessary for one or more of its activities;
- It is collected lawfully and by fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner;
- It is collected from the individual to whom the information relates, or where information about an individual is collected from someone else, reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that the individual is made aware that this is being done.
- If you have an inquiry about your privacy rights in relation to Newcastle NOW, please contact us.